|Fundraising and Communications Co-ordinator|
|General Manager / the Board|
|Remote / Sanctuary House, St Aubin|
|Full-time – 37 hours per week
About Sanctuary Trust:
Sanctuary Trust was set up in 2011 to provide accommodation and support to men who are experiencing hardship and homelessness. The charity supports up to 30 residents across three facilities in St Aubin, Beaumont and New Street.
Sanctuary Trust does not seek or receive government funding so relies solely on public donations, fundraising and grants from charitable trusts and foundations.
Sanctuary Trust is an equal opportunities employer, committed to celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Applications are welcomed from all backgrounds.
General overview of the role:
Sanctuary Trust is looking for an experienced and creative individual to lead its fundraising and communications activities, playing a key role in delivering effective supporter engagement, maximising income and demonstrating impact.
Fundraising is an integral focus of income generation for the charity. This role will focus heavily on developing relationships with donors, fundraisers and corporate partnerships, as well as organising a diverse programme of community fundraising events and managing grant and trust applications.
Communication is a key component for raising Sanctuary’s profile and engaging donors, fundraisers and other key stakeholders. This position will have responsibility for managing the charity’s public relations, website, social media channels, digital communications, publications and promotional materials.
A flexible approach to work is essential for this role and you may be required to adapt the above duties to take into account any changes in work practices. You will need to be adaptable, self-motivated, willing to work on your own and as part of a team, undertaking duties as requested.
Sanctuary Trust undertakes DBS checks for all employees and volunteers and requires a minimum of two references. You will be expected to sign a confidentiality clause as part of your contract of employment.
- Devises and delivers a comprehensive fundraising and communications strategy
- Acts as the initial point of contact for members of the public and corporate businesses who express an interest in making a donation or fundraising for Sanctuary Trust
- Achieves an annual fundraising target set by the Board of Trustees, working with the Treasurer to ensure that target is realistic and achievable and securing donations as both one off payments and annual contributions
- Manages all existing donor relationships with individual and corporate donors, sponsors, trusts and foundations and identifies and builds new relationships
- Maintains accurate donor and donation records, including cash donations and digital fundraising
- Sources, completes and monitors all annual grant applications for funding by liaising with government and other bodies
- Supports the Chair and General Manager to represent Sanctuary Trust at community and corporate events, and in the media
- Delivers campaign material and supporter communications to promote fundraising events and engage donors. Produces sponsorship proposals and impact reporting
- Leads on organising fundraising events and associated activities, by managing established events and identifying new opportunities
- Attracts and manages volunteers who support with the delivery of fundraising events and activities
- Undertakes any other fundraising administration duties as required.
- Manages Sanctuary’s website and social media accounts, creating regular content, monitoring and responding to interactions and ensuring information remains accurate and up to date
- Administers and promotes Sanctuary’s online giving account, Just Giving
- Devises and circulates all external communications, publications, and stakeholder e-mail campaigns to database of subscribers
- Initiates, organises and delivers all PR campaigns to raise Sanctuary’s profile and funds
- Maintains and develops links to the Island community
- Supports with engagement and communications activities for residents as required
- Produces internal and external promotional literature aimed at volunteers, employees, beneficiaries and donors
- Delivers any other communications duties as required.
- Attends Trustees’ meetings and prepares Board reports as required
- Sits on the Fundraising Sub-Committee and attends meetings as required
- Attends meetings with the Chair, other Trustees, the Treasurer and General Manager as required
- Attends staff meetings as required
- Organises recruitment campaigns as required.
- other homeless charities
- Government and other relevant agencies
- Chair and Trustees
- General Manager and Sanctuary staff
- Residents (current and former)
Skills, knowledge and expertise:
- A confident communicator, both verbal and written, who has established donor and fundraising relationships
- A strategic thinker with experience in developing and implementing fundraising or business strategies
- Proven experience in a fundraising / event management / communications or similar role
- Adept at mixing with a wide range of people and organisations and ability to work with varying levels of seniority both internally and externally
- A proven track record of achieving financial targets and an awareness of annual budgeting. Results driven with attention to detail
- An understanding of both the health and social care sector and charity sector is desirable but not essential
- A flexible and open-minded approach to work as well as a willingness to work as part of a team
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise workload, manage time, work to deadlines and use own initiative
- Proficient in digital marketing, including management of social media channels, email campaign solutions (MailChimp) and Google Analytics
- Exceptional IT skills (Office 365, Sharepoint) and experience using website CMS (WordPress),
- Clean driving licence.
- Competitive pay rates
- Pension scheme
- Training opportunities.
This post will suit a self-motivated individual as it will be predominantly remote working and attending meetings at Sanctuary offices or elsewhere with the General Manager, the Chair and the wider Board of Trustees.
If you are interested in applying for this role, send your CV and covering letter to Sarah Tumelty: email@example.com