|Role title:||Team Leader – Sanctuary House|
|Reports to:||General Manager|
|Location:||Primarily place of work will be Sanctuary House St Aubin, with time also spent at Sanctuary Lodge and 63 New Street|
|Hours:||40 hours per week providing cover on a bi-weekly rotational rota, Monday to Sunday, 08:00-22:00 including occasional sleep-ins (once every six weeks)|
General overview of the role:
This is a permanent position, full time, 40 hours per week, working Monday to Sunday on a shift pattern although most shifts will be between Monday and Friday.
Reporting to the General Manager the post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of Sanctuary House and will act as a safeguarding lead for Sanctuary Trust.
The team leader will support the General Manager and the other team leaders by contributing to the on-call rota and ensuring continuous support to staff, particularly deputising for the General Manager in their absence on a rotational basis with other team leaders and acting as line manager for the other teams in the absence of their Team Leader and shares on-call responsibilities with the management team
Sanctuary House is Sanctuary Trust’s stage one property. The residents move there to begin their Sanctuary journey, often when they are in crisis. This house is a registered care home, regulated by the Jersey Care Commission.
- Maintains responsibility for the standards of Sanctuary House and the day-to-day operation
- Reports serious issues to the Registered Person – General Manager
- Liaises with companies carrying out works or visiting Sanctuary House
- Works alongside the Business & Compliance officer to ensure health and safety standards are met, taking the lead in any renovations or necessary works required
- Co-operates with the trustee responsible for the independent monthly inspection of Sanctuary House in accordance with the Jersey Care Commission standards
- Co-operates with all inspections undertaken by the Jersey Care Commission
- Deputises for the General Manager (as required in their absence) as Registered Person with the Jersey Care Commission
- Manages the Father of the House, reviewing performance regularly.
- Creates and maintains an effective communication culture; one that provides support and guidance to staff around routine operations of the service and embodies the values and principles of Sanctuary Trust as well as strategy, aims and objectives
- Line manages support staff within their team, leading weekly meetings and supporting them to develop their skills in ways that are compassionate, and outcome focused.
- Devises clear training plans for all staff within their team.
- Carries out and signs off new staff inductions and coordinate staff supervision and appraisals for direct reports.
- Manages rotas in line with staffing requirements.
- Provides case management to their team, ensuring caseloads are shared effectively
- Ensures referrals are completed correctly and assessments are carried out fairly with a decision being made within 48 hours followed by a risk assessment
- Supports the development of person-centred planning ensuring each resident’s plan has meaningful and achievable goals
- Ensures policies and procedures are up to date and that all staff are compliant with Jersey Care Commission standards
- Leads in recruitment of support staff in line with the Jersey Care Commission standards and Sanctuary Trust’s safer recruitment policy
- Works in partnership with all Sanctuary’s partner agencies and encourages partnership working for all staff
- Acts as line manager for the other team in the absence of their Team Leader and shares on-call responsibilities with the management team.
Safeguarding Lead for Sanctuary House
- Ensures all safeguarding concerns are managed effectively and escalated to the General Manager only if a decision cannot be made
- Attends safeguarding meetings when required, including Jersey Multi Agency Public Protection meetings
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the changing role within the organisation and the overall charity objectives of the organisation.
|Qualifications and training||Essential/Desirable|
|Level 3 NVQ Health & Social Care||Essential|
|Level 5 NVQ Leadership & Management||Desirable|
|A valid driving licence
(the post requires regular movement between Sanctuary Trust properties and the ability to attend meetings)
|Knowledge and understanding of|
|Jersey Care Commission care home standards||Essential|
|Sanctuary Trust policies and procedures||Essential|
|Jersey Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements||Desirable|
|Jersey Homeless Strategy||Desirable|
|Working with vulnerable adults to provide support and help to achieve agreed outcomes||Essential|
|Working with individuals who suffer from mental illness or addiction||Desirable|
|Leading and motivating teams||Desirable|
|Using Outcomes Star||Desirable|
|Skills, qualities and abilities|
|Excellent verbal and written communication skills||Essential|
|Organisation and time management skills||Essential|
|Honesty, integrity, and humility||Essential|