We are looking for Bank Support Workers to join our small, dedicated team at Sanctuary Trust. If you are interested in applying for this role, send your CV and covering letter to Heather Huelin, our Business Co-ordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Any offer of employment is subject to a DBS check and a minimum of two references. You will be expected to sign a confidentiality clause as part of your contract of employment.
Title: Bank Support Worker
Area: Support Team
Location: Sanctuary House
To form part of the bank of support workers available to Sanctuary Trust, who provide cover and support to the existing team in caring for our residents at Sanctuary House. This will include morning, evening and weekend shifts.
You will need to be flexible, adaptable and initiative, as this role requires you to engage with and support our residents at Sanctuary House.
Policies, procedures and guidelines are in place to provide a framework for the job and regular weekly team meetings retain the overall direction of the work.
This role will be mostly lone-working, following an induction and relevant training.
You will report directly to the General Manager, or in their absence the Deputy General Manager or on-call supervisor.
• General Manager and Deputy Manager
• Sanctuary staff
• External suppliers
• Charity staff
• Members of the public
• Key supporters
• Provide cover during mornings, evenings and weekends at Sanctuary House, remaining at the property at all times during the shift and dealing with all enquiries from third parties and residents
• Provide sleep-in cover as required
• Assist residents with appointments with external agencies; in some instances, make appointments based on perceived need
• Help residents as required to develop life-skills essential for independent living or help access means to develop those skills
• Help residents identify meaningful leisure activities
• Encourage residents to participate in appropriate range and level of physical activity
• Encourage healthier lifestyles through healthy eating
• Undertake light cooking and cleaning duties from time to time
• Follow the security protocols for Sanctuary House when departing from night shifts
• Participate in quarterly supervisions with line manager as required
• Attend all relevant and mandatory training
• Respect the confidentiality of residents at all times and treat all residents with dignity and respect, being aware of professional boundaries at all times
• Ensure relevant information is accurately recorded in line with General Data Protection Laws.
A flexible approach to work is essential for this role and you may be required to adapt the above duties to take into account any changes in work practices. You will need to be flexible and willing to work as part of a team, undertaking duties as requested.
Skills Knowledge and expertise:
• Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent relevant qualification) is a requirement for this role
• An understanding of both the social care sector and its operations and the charity sector
• Ability to use own initiative
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Observation skills
• Competitive, negotiable pay rates
• Training opportunities
• In house reflective supervision with a qualified Counsellor
Salary range: Negotiable
Hours: Flexible working, bank post.
It is important to note the flexibility required in this post. Adaptability in terms of working hours is also a distinct advantage and experience of shift work and patterns would be considered an advantage. A sense of humour is a distinct asset and the ability to work and communicate with a small, dedicated team is vital.
The ability to make ‘spur of the moment’ decisions and not being afraid to use initiative are as important as any formal qualification, but past experience of the social care sector will be considered useful.
A positive outlook is essential, as much of the work we do with the residents involves encouraging positive thinking. Also essential is an empathy and understanding of the range of client needs and the ability to look beyond stereotypes in an impartial and non-judgemental manner.
If you are interested in applying for this role, send your CV and covering letter to Heather Huelin, our Business Co-ordinator email@example.com